Heeeelloooo, yesterday went sort of well!
This update is going to be quick because I want to start sprinting by 8am (it’s 7:45am right now… gotta rush!).
Let’s look at yesterday’s goals:
- Write 3,000 words (this is going to be my daily minimum goal)
- ok 2800 words pretty acceptable especially because I had some POV struggles
- Scene Weave + Chapter divisions
- Uhm no not yet goddamnit I need to do this
- Decide whether I’m going to stick to 3rd person all the way through or throw in some first person
- CHECK DECIDED!
- Going to go the Roshani Chokshi/A Crown of Wishes route and do 1st person for my heroine/3rd person for my hero
- Unpack and do some laundry…
- Unpacked a leeeettle bit, no laundry though, much to my partner’s chagrin…
Ok, that’s 2/4 at least! Yay!
I’m going to keep binge-writing today (with a break for brunch with one of my besties) because it’s an excellent distraction from the #pitchwars and #pwteasers tags on Twitter… actually, come to think of it, I’m just going to block Twitter today. I can’t handle the excitement/anticipation/squeeeeeeeeee!
What about today’s goals? They’re mostly the same as yesterday, with some adjustments (read: swear words):
- Write 3,000 words
- Write Scene Weave + Chapter divisions, goddamnit, or you’ll freeze up about moving forward
- Unpack for fuck’s sake
That’s about it! One of my friends printed out my outline at work so I have that in my paws and I’m READY TO GO.
But before I bounce, a track from my brainstorming/daydreaming playlist:
Time to BINGE WRITEeeee