Yesterday was not a great writing day. I think I really struggle with goals that aren’t hardcore word and/or chapter counts.
Let’s look at our goals:
- Read for fun, goddamnit
- I did this. Went to a cool bookstore with a friend and dropped some dough on more fun reading too.
- Type up at least 40 pages from green notebook for Iron Queen
- OKAY I DID NOT. I did like 10 pages I wanna say? Gonna crush some more.
- Begin to re-outline Iron Queen
- Working on it
- Edit/incorporate more beta suggestions for The Demon King
- Eh I didn’t do this, because I haven’t yet gotten more beta feedback.
I’m too groggy to come up with more things to say about that. I wrote brainstorming notes for Iron Queen for an hour and a half between 7.30-9am this morning, so that was good, but I need some concrete goals to get me through the day.
Let’s keep this short and sweet:
- Two hours of typing up handwritten notes
- Decide on ghost/needs/desires/flaws/antagonists for each POV character
- Outline (graph?) the first book of Iron Queen
Ok. Time to get to work.
Have some music before you go! I’m going to be listening to a bunch of Azam Ali and Niyaz as I write today.
ta farda joonam