Here we are again! My Monday was pretty all right–I burned through a lot of rewrites and got some life admin stuff done. Also I did a lot of laundry. Such an adult.
I’m kind of exhausted because I was up pretty late working through Chapter 3 rewrites, but how’d I do?
My goals yesterday versus what happened:
- Rewrite through the end of Chapter Five
- Holy shit, well, Ch 2 ended up getting split into I think three parts? Because it was a slow-going mess? And the same is occurring with Ch 3 at the moment… so many new short chapters = chapters mean nothing. WHAT EVEN IS A CHAPTER ANYMORE?
- I got through 10,000+ words of editing/adding material. Current word count is 12,000 words. And considering I rebooted the project on Sunday? Not bad!
- Find a title for my newest short story
- Little sis Chikin helped with this one 🐥 thanks chikin!!
- Find a market for it and send it off!
- Well, Chikin also gave me some beta feedback on the story and send me a bunch of academic articles about bodies decomposing in desert environments (#justwriterthings) so I actually need to rewrite and edit chunks of the story before sending it off into the ether.
- thanks chikin -.-
So, like, one and a half out of three goals? 50/50 IS A SUCCESS in my book.
What’s in the cards for today?
- Continuing to burn through rewrites. Chapters mean nothing anymore, so let’s say… like 8,000 words? I have a busier social day than yesterday and actually have to leave the house at one point (rolling my eyes)
- edit the flash that chikin helped me with
And with that, we’re off to the races!!