Another day, another update: yesterday wasn’t so bad!
The existential crisis with Fang continues, so that affected my goals, but anyway. I digress. Let’s look at what I accomplished:
- Con’t to read Anatomy of Story and sorting out WIP crisis
- CRISIS CONTINUES I HATE EVERYTHING
- In case that fails, pick a new project to binge for the next month before Turkey
- I will be going back to my April Camp NaNoWriMo project, The Demon King, and also I decided to rewrite it in the first person. I tried rewriting one or two scenes in the first person yesterday on a whim and HOLY MOSES, IT WAS BRILLIANT
- two new short story thumbnails
- Got one out of two done–it’ll be set in the world of The Demon King. It ws actually drafting this short story that got me thinking about that novel and how I could make it better. Two birds, one stone, amiright?
- decide which short story to tackle next
- The one above. It’s about a side character in The Demon King whom I LOVED but who I’m probably going to cut. Parting will be less of a sweet sorrow this way.
- READ FOR FUN DAMNIT
- I DID THIS DAMNIT. Sat in the sun with my flatmate and continued working through The Djinn Falls In Love & Other Stories, which is DELICIOUS
No daily goals for today because I had a 5-hour catch-up with a girlfriend I haven’t seen in ages… actually, you know what? I take that back. Instead of a day off, I’ll take a half-day. tonight I’ll tackle one goal:
- Edit Ch 1 & Ch 2 of The Demon King to reflect the first person voice change (and also cut some fat because Ch 2 is too long)
There. Remember my pretty pretty Pinterest board for this project? No? ALLOW ME TO REMIND YOU
IT’S GONNA BE GREAT
ALL CAPS BECAUSE I HAD SO MUCH COFFEE TODAY